fantastic video on Facebook’s Prineville Data Center
By Mike Krumboltz | Yahoo! Finance – Fri, Feb 3, 2012 – whole story here
Few, if any, companies have experienced Facebook’s level of meteoric growth. In less than a decade, the company has gone from a Harvard kid’s dorm-room hobby to a multibillion-dollar enterprise and a worldwide phenomenon.
A few more numbers to ponder:
– Facebook’s net income for 2011 hit $1 billion in 2011, on revenue of $3.7 billion.
– 86% of net income comes from advertising.
– 12% of Facebook’s revenue comes via Zynga (Farmville).
– Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg owns around 28% of Facebook, pre-IPO.
– Zuckerberg plans to give himself a salary of $1 in 2013 (How Jobs-ian).
– Zuckerberg spent roughly $800,000 on airplanes in 2011.
– Peter Thiel’s $500,000 investment in 2004 will be worth around $2.2 billion.
More than 80% of Facebook users come from outside the United States and Canada. The site is truly worldwide.
According to the company’s filing, it earned “$668 million on revenue of $3.7 billion last year… Both figures nearly doubled from 2010.”
here is the story as Forbes reports
and a great video: